Humming / whistling sounds are normal and may always occur when using induction. Sounds described as “saucepan noise” (can be sourced from the bottom / base of the saucepan) are likely to be expected at the higher power settings.
- The sound level / characteristics depend on the saucepan used.
- Different saucepans will produce different sounds.
- The more magnetic metal there is in the bottom of the saucepan, the quieter the saucepan will be.
- Cast iron saucepans often produce weak / quiet sounds.
Other sounds can also occur when using induction:
A ticking sound:
- The sound occurs when the relay is used to switch on / off the heat.
Sounds caused by moisture under the saucepan / frying pan:
- Ensure that the hot plate is dry.
- Clean the saucepan / frying pan immediately if it boils over.
Noises from the cooling fan:
- Cooling fans cool the electronics during use of the hot plate.
- The fan tends to only come on when the temperature reaches a set value.
For more information refer to the user manual. (If you do not have your user manual, refer to Where can I find the user manual for my appliance?).